News in Port The ship carrying 3,783 new vehicles, including 498 electric vehicles, from Germany’s Bremerhaven to Singapore has been burning since Tuesday. Firefighters decided not to douse the flames with water for fear of making the nearly 200-meter (656-foot) ship unstable as it floats close to North Sea shipping lanes and a world-renowned migratory bird habitat.
Top 10: The busiest container ports in Europe
- Port of Rotterdam, The Netherlands – 14.4 million
- Port of Antwerp-Bruges, Belgium – 13.5 million
- Port of Hamburg, Germany – 8.3 million
- Port of Valencia, Spain – 5.1 million
- Port of Piraeus, Greece – 5 million
- Port of Algeciras, Spain – 4.8 million
- Port of Bremerhaven, Germany – 4.6 million
- Port of Barcelona, Spain – 3.5 million
- Port of Gioia Tauro, Italy – 3.4 million
- Port Haropa, France – 3.1 million
BREMERHAVEN is located at UK Coast & Atlantic, Elbe River in Germany.Port of Hamburg is not only the largest seaport in Germany and the third largest in Europe, but also Europe’s largest railway port – even leading worldwide in many areas of hinterland connections by rail.The Danube is an international waterway, and thus landlocked Austria, Hungary, Moldova, Serbia, and Slovakia have secure access to the Black Sea (the same access is given to inland parts of Germany and Croatia, though Germany and Croatia are not landlocked).